Wednesday 25 July 2012

Homemade Hummus

 I made heaps of hummus last night after reading this article and being inspired to make my own Stuff. I wasn't ready to take on bread yet, but I heard that making hummus is awesome and delish and inexpensive.

I used the recipe from Mediterrasian blog

4 cloves of garlic (I like extra)
1 can of garbanzo beans (chick peas) rinsed and drained
1/2 cup tahini
 1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup water
teaspoon of sea salt

Extra:
some olive oil
teaspoon of smoked spanish paprika
chopped parsley

garlic hummus


The final result took a LOT more effort than I had imagined, my little food processor is crappy and the hummus was a bit chunky, and I still preferred the taste of store bought hummus. Costwise, hummus is pretty cheap ($3-5) and I probably made twice as much hummus for the same amount of hummus but I don't think it's that much worthwhile.... unless I eat hummus regularly.



No comments:

Post a Comment