Wednesday 12 September 2012

Whole 30: Rebooting Dietary Habits


Overeating can be a big problem, according to this video, we apparently have not sufficiently evolved to override our prehistoric nature of wanting foods that are high in fat and sugar (calories).

"If this hunger regulation system is in place, why can't we say no to that piece of cake or to a second helping of dessert?"

Why not? Just say, "No"
It's all about practice and will power. I think society has become too soft. Studies today reach back to blame our cavemen instincts. Yo, our prehistoric cavemen ancestors also had predatory instincts, we hunt and kill each other. We've evolved to be more restrained and civilized than ever. Why can we then curb our carnal and predatory instincts but not how we eat? I call foul.

It's time to take some responsibility and start acting to fix the problem. Reboot your system and reboot it often. Some cultures encourage fasting, some people do health detox, caloric restriction, do it for a period of time to reboot your system.

I've personally only done Ramadan fasting as my reboot. I've not tried other diets but someone convinced me to do Whole 30 nutritional program with her, so I'm doing it. I'm only on day two, and it's not fun but I'm trying to channel my Ramadan will power to get over it.


No comments:

Post a Comment